Wood-fired pizza is undoubtedly delicious and there’s never been a better time to try it out at home! Use this simple recipe and step-by-step instructions to make a pizza in the Snow Peak Field Oven. Gather your gear and ingredients and let's get started! The entire process should take about 50 minutes.
- Pizza Dough (most grocery stores have pre-made options)
- Tomato Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
Field Oven Directions:
1. Start a fire in your Takibi Fire and Grill. If it’s your first time using it, read this blog post on Takibi Time.
2. When using the Field Oven, we recommend starting a larger fire in the Takibi Fire and Grill. Once your fire is crackling and hot, stoke consistently and allow wood to reduce to robust coals. This should take about 45 minutes.
3. After you have coals, arrange them carefully around the outer perimeter of the fireplace. This provides even airflow to prevent your pizza from burning in the middle.
4. Place the Field Oven on top of the Takibi Fire and Grill once the coals are arranged.
5. Place your pizza on the ceramic tray and insert into the oven.
6. Let your pizza cook for approximately 3-5 minutes, rotating halfway through to ensure an even bake. Remove and let cool 5 minutes before serving.